Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Still hanging in there...

I've been trying not to lose my mind over the last few days and having a serious countdown until December 4th. This is the day we go in for the next ultrasound and hopefully, hopefully, hopefully, see a heartbeat.

I sent my RE an email yesterday and she called me back. Yes, she is wonderful and absolutely rocks! I wanted to know if my symptoms are "normal" and if there is anything else I can possibly be doing...

One thing I love about my RE is that she's optimistic, yet realistic. She told me that spotting could be a sign of miscarriage, but at the same time, many, many women spot. Also, she said that cramping is perfectly normal. She reassured me that there is absolutely nothing we can do at this point to "save" the pregnancy... "it's baked" she said. She said, although you don't want to hear this, there is nothing more we can do but wait and see until things have progressed enough for us to scan you again and check progress. She said for me to live my life. If I were to go on bedrest between now and then, the outcome will still be the same. In a strange way, I found this very reassuring. There is nothing I can do. I can't control this... all I can do is wait.

So I wait... and wait.

3 comments:

Virginia said...

I am glad to hear from you! It's true that there is nothing you can do, but I sure do love your docs advice that you CAN take care of yourself right now. Keep your chin up . ok?

Mo said...

Glad you got to talk to your RE and she was reassuring. It is SO hard to let go of the illusion that we can control the outcome (after all, so much else has been controlled in IVF!) I find it get so hard to draw the line between what I can and can't influence. Complete crazy making. I posted recently on this very topic: http://lifeandloveinthepetridish.blogspot.com/2008/11/ivf-science-illusion-of-control.html


Good to hear you're hanging in. I've found that those early days of pregnancy are the hardest in terms of maintaining sanity (for me).

And I'm really glad I found your blog! I'll be back to check on how things are going for you!

Mo
www.lifeandloveinthepetridish.blogspot.com

I'll be checking back

Me said...

I'm very late congratulating you. Sorry about that. I hope only good news is in your future!