Friday, December 28, 2007

The God of Fertility

I said I was going to take time off from drug induced fertility, but we decided to try the good old fashioned way. We'll see, I'm assuming it won't work, so I'm still going to have fun and enjoy my vacation.

I thought my fellow IF sisters would enjoy this little tidbit. Guess what I got for Christmas from my SIL? A statue of an African god of fertility. I have to say, I'm feeling so desperate to have a child that I was actually glad to receive it! Both of my SIL's are very fertile, so maybe there is something to this statue. Between them they have 7 children. They want to be sensitive and helpful, but I've heard all their stories about people who tried for years and years and finally got pregnant. Enough! Just give me a little black magic!

SO, in short, I've decided to give in to all my superstitions. The other night, before "trying", I rubbed the gods Buddha belly. Maybe next month I should have my palm read? I'm not a church goer, but maybe I should start???? Like the title says... CRAZY? or Pregnant.

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Adriane said...

I love the idea of a fertility god! I received a fake pomegranate (supposedly a representation of fertility) about 16 months ago and it is in my nightstand drawer. Hope the african god statue is your lucky charm!!

offsprung said...

my wife used to drive around with some fertility doll stuffed under her seat. Maybe give that a whirl. Can't hurt.

Unless your heated seat coil lights it on fire, of course...